Presbyterian Hospital at Home – 10 year Anniversary-2018
Name of the program| Presbyterian Hospital at Home
Health system| Presbyterian Medical Group
When established| 10/6/2008
Core services| Hospital level care in the home for CAP, CHF, COPD, cellulitis, complicated UTI, DVT/PE, Nausea-vomiting-dehydration
Population served| Presbyterian Medical Group members 18 years old and above.
Area served| Within 25 mile radius of a Presbyterian hospital (communities include: Bernalillo, Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, and Placitas NM)
Outcomes or successes| Since inception we have served a total of >1400 patients (thru 12/2019). Patient satisfaction scores are at 99%, and no infections or wounds have been acquired while on hospital at home. There have been no unexpected deaths. 30-day re-admission rate is 5.6%; 90-day readmission rate is 6.4%.
Unique feature| We serve a fairly widespread group of communities surrounding Albuquerque. Our providers cover a lot of miles. We are an integrated health system including Presbyterian delivery system (8 hospitals in 7 communities), Presbyterian Medical Group (915 providers in multiple specialties), and Presbyterian Health Plan (approximately ½ million covered lives).
- Nancy Guinn, MD Medical Director Healthcare at Home
- Elizabeth De Pirro, MD Lead Provider Presbyterian Complete Care and Hospital at Home
- Catrece Studdard Director of Practice Operations
- Darren Maestas, Manager Presbyterian Complete Care and Hospital at Home
- Heather Rivera, Manager Presbyterian Complete Care and Hospital at Home
Contact information| 505-724-7300